Saturday 16 January 2021

Day 2 continued

Good morning world.  I've woken up to yet another wet, grey day here in England!!!!  Thank goodness for the TIAS to keep me busy and focussed.

First  in today with her day 2 is Carol who says

"Dear Jane:

I'm enjoying tatting and guessing!

Perhaps a teacup?   Perhaps a heart?   Perhaps we will know more with Day 3?

Always, Carol
Blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life
I'm not going to tell, Carol!!!


Next in is from Christine who has sent in an amazing picture.  Thanks, Christine.  She says
"Hello Jane!
Here is my photo of Day 2.  I think it is the bottom edge of a pretty skirt.  Time will tell!
Artwork: Fashion plate from "Journal des Dames et des Modes" by Umberto Brunelleschi, Paris, 1914.
Thanks again,
Christine in Alabama"

Now a lot of people will know that I'm not very fond of Canada geese!!!  We  have way too many of them in our small town and they take away the beauty of our swans!!  So Deanna's sending me the goose is her way of 'winding me up'!!!!  She's a cheeky moo.  Here's her comment and picture

"Hi Jane
Thought you would appreciate a Canadian good....so .......drum roll!!!!!
Here is my day 2 coming to you on the wing of a Canadian goose!!!!!!!!!"


Julie has popped into my inbox next with her day 2.  She says

"Sorry. I don't want to be mean to my tatting.  I'm thinking it may be the rocker of a rocking horse now. I'm having so much fun. Thanks again. Julie"
Looks great to me, Julie and the rocker is a good idea - but, I wonder?!?!?



Last one before I go and get dressed and have breakfast.  I'll also re-locate from the big computer to the iPad for a while.

Jenni is next from Australia.  She says
"Hi Jane.
Bit tardy with part 2.
Ben's birthday and I thought I had better give him some attention after the last TIAS.
Taking it out at dinner did not amuse him lol.
A dragon's tail perhaps?"

There's no such thing as 'late' with a TIAS except perhaps three years!!!!  Tell Ben to 'get real' - there's only ONE important thing in life and that's tatting!!!

Next in my inbox is Bev who is also from Australia.  She says

 Hi Jane
I waited so long for the TIAS to start, then I missed it. So here is my Day 1 and Day 2. This way up it looks like a smile. Other way up it looks like a hedgehog. No doubt we’ll be guessing for a while to come!
Bev”
I hope so, Bev, I really hope so!!!




Now a trip to France with Valerie.  She says

 Bonoir Jane,
Voici mon 2e jour.
Je reste sur mon idée  de girafe.
Valerie de France ”

Now that’s a good guess, Valerie but I’m not sure it’s the right one!!!



Next to arrive is from Hungary and Ildiko who says

 good morning Jane, lesson of the 2. day
have a nice day”


Still in Hungary for the next picture and comment.  This time from Agi who says

“Dear Jane!
The second day is ready. :) My daugther is very curios, what it will be. I'm too. :) 
Ági from Hungary”

I am sorry, Agi, but I think your daughter will have to wait a little longer!!  I welcome her guesses too!!!


Another arrival from Hungary now.  I’m not quite sure of the name of the person but I think the name is Nagyházi.
 Küldöm a 2. napi munkámat. Várom mindig, hogy jöjjön az újabb részlet. Kíváncsi vagyok, mi lesz a vége. 😉

I'm sending my 2nd day job. I always look forward to another installment. I wonder what the end will be. 😉”


Finally in this batch is Lyn in Australia who says
 Good morning Jane, 
Well it could be a caterpillar 🐛 or the back of a hedgehog 🦔 lol !
Very windy here in Bridgetown, the gardens are suffering.
Thanks Jane
Lyn Clements 
Western Australia ”
Sorry to hear about the wind but keep an eye on the caterpillars and hedgehogs in case they get blown away!!!!



Now I’m uploading this from Jolimama because, as she says, it will help others.  

 Kedves Jane, egy csoport társunk lefordítja magyarul a mintaleírást, ha jó, akkor minden alkalommal elküldm. Segítség lehet más nyelvet nem beszélő barátoknak. 
Szeretettel: Jolimama

Dear Jane, a group of our colleagues will translate the sample description into Hungarian, if it is good, I will send it every time. It can help friends who do not speak another language. With love: Jolimama”


Now my next friend in my inbox is Frauke who has this to say

“Hallo Jane
Es ist ein kragen für die Stricklisel Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Frauke Lorenz

Hello jane It's a collar for the Stricklisel With best regards Frauke Lorenz”

This made me laugh too.  I hope the Stricklisel is feeling warmer now!!!


Dani has now arrived in my inbox with her picture and comment.  Here they are
 hi Jane!

my cup & saucer idea hasn’t been disproven yet!

dani, the geek”


Rita is the next person to arrive.  She simply says
 The top of a tree?”
Well I wonder, Rita!!



Another new person to add to the blog.  Celine has arrived with her days 1 and 2. She says
“Hello Jane,
Very glad to be back to the TIAS for the beginning of 2021
Here are my day 1&2
My first guess is that could be the tail of an animal 🦒 
Greetings from Normandy 🐮 
Céline”
Welcome, Celine.  


Nicola has made a return visit this year and this is what she says
 Hi Jane, thank you for doing another TIAS.  I thought I'd join in, as I haven't participated in one since 2015.  It's hard to choose colours, especially when you don't know what it is going to be - who knows, I could end up with a pink rhinocerous!!”
Nicola, PA”


Next in is Mary Jane and she’s not guessing yet!!! 
“Sorry no guess.  But having fun 
Trying to figure out what it is. Sure happy to have TIAS back
Mary Jane.    Indiana USA”


Another new arrival with her days 1 and 2 is Nancy who says

 Thanks Jane!!!
Joyfully, Nancy G”
No guesses yet, Nancy?!?!?




Arlene (who I’ve just been talking to in America via zoom) has just sent hers in.  Here it is
 I think it's a hobby horse, mane so far. Beads for eye & bit.”
Thanks, Arlene - lovely to see you ten minutes ago!!!



Another new arrival to the TIAS.  Welcome aboard, Julie.  So pleased you found us. Here’s Julie’s comment and picture.

 Hello Jane
Just found your site - I'm new to all this so hope you don't mind me joining in a bit late?  Photo attached of my result for Days 1 and 2. Was hard to choose colours but I went for kind of floral - guessing maybe a ruffled up 3d flower, but no doubt completely wrong!
Kind regards from Julie in West Yorkshire.
(I see another Julie, so you can call me JulieAnne if you wish)”
It’s never too late to join in a TIAS, Julie!!!  


Sandra is back now with her day 2. She says


“Well, I THOUGHT maybe this pretty ruffle might be a fluffy flower head!   But as I tried to recognize which one it could be, I thought, no wait, the green should be the leaves around the flower, it’s upside down so it can’t be that, and then I realized what it really was…. Little House of Horrors, man eating plant!   RUN!!!!!!!!

Oops!  That’s Little SHOP of Horrors movie   not House of Horrors.  – Sandra Figg”




This is the last entry tonight as I’m heading for bed.  This is from Judy who says

 I think it is a caterpillar!
Judy”


See you all tomorrow - with day 3!!!

No comments: