Thursday 2 February 2023

Thursday's entries to the TIAS

I will put a few of today's inbox into the blog before I have to do the weekly shopping run. I take a neighbour so this is sort of 'time critical'!!!!

First in is Rose Anne who says

"Today I tatted Day 9 of the 2023 TIAS and I'm thinking it's a playful monkey that once it's leg is finished, we'll tie/cut then reattach to those two picots and do it's head!!! Yep that's my guess!
Rose Anne"



Wilma is next and this is what she says

Lo so Γ¨ tardissimo ma domani la mia giornata sarΓ  impegnatissima πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹
I know it's very late but tomorrow my day will be very busy πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

Anche la mia giornata sarΓ  impegnativa, Wilma!!!
My day is going to be busy too, Wilma!!!




This is what Melanie has to say with her day 9

"Hi Jane-
It's looking more and more humanoid. I think we're tatting a diver doing a fancy, twisty dive. Maybe it'll win a gold medal!
Melanie
sent from my harpsichord"

That's an interesting guess!!!  Nobody's thought of that before!!




Jacee has little to say this time. She must be in a hurry like me!!

"Hi Jane,
My Day 9 here. A scorpion??
Jacee"

Oh, did you expect an answer, Jacee?!?!?!?




Rita is next with her simple comment. She says

"A robot dancing?
Rita
Whidbey Island "

Could be, could be, Rita!!!



Following Rita comes Judith with her day 9 and she says

"Well, Jane.
My emu is tying himself in knots, or we’re seeing double!! I tried CW joins (with encapsulation of the core thread) on the L-side arm, and lock joins down the R-side one. Interesting results!
Maybe he has morphed into something humanoid.
It’s very hot for tatting here at the moment.
Judith."

He could be humanoid, Judith.  Certainly looks that way at the moment but there's more to come!!!




Now Liz's suggestion tickled me. I wonder if it is, though. She says

"Good evening I finally got day 8 finished
I can’t wait to work on day 9 tomorrow
Starting to look like the headless horseman
Liz"



Breakfast done and a little time to upload a few more before my neighbour is ready to go. This time I have Susan at the bottom of my inbox and she says

“Hello from Texas, USA where we've been iced in for 3 days now & expecting a 4th before the thaw comes. Above freezing will be a welcome change!
Today my long legged turtles are jumping for joy over the success of their football team! Can't wait to see the rest of the pattern looks like.”

Interesting - I’ve never met a long legged turtle before!!!    We’re a lot warmer at the moment, Susan but more cold is to come ‘they’ say.




Paula is next with her three toed sloth!!!  She says

Hi Jane,
Here is my work so far. 
I think I am going to agree with those who have said a three toed sloth πŸ¦₯. 
I had words with myself about which way the chains were supposed to be going. πŸ˜‡
This is a lot of fun and challenging!




Ruth has jumped ahead a bit but I wonder if she’s right?!?!? Here’s what she says

“ Dear Jane, 
I have been very presumptuous!! And gone ahead and tattet the second leg of my man/monkey! Time will tell if I am correct!!!!! 
I do not care if I am wrong. It was an interesting exercise to tat it to match the first leg. Just needs a head!
Regards 
Ruth in Narrabri New South Wales ”

I bet it was interesting, Ruth but I’m not telling if it’s right or not!!!  My lips are sealed - still!!!



Back from the shopping expedition and groceries put away so I’ve got time to add a few more to the TIAS blog before having lunch and heading out to the U3A monthly meeting. 
So, first in is Maria who says

“Dear Jane,
Well I am sticking with my previous guess : dancing Super Tat…but we have still a lot of thread on the shuttles so it could be wrong 
Love 
Maria“

I’m dying to know what a dancing Super Tat is, Maria but I’m going to have to wait!!!



Wanda is next with her day 9 and she says

“Hi, Jane. Here's my day 9. Looking at it I keep seeing a guy, or maybe a monkey. I think we'll get to the head later. I'm not sure what this guy is doing, maybe dancing! I'm looking forward to day 19. Wanda.”

Ah, I wonder, Wanda, I wonder!!!




Ah, Teresa’s husband (Ronnie) is joining in with guesses now too!! They say

“I have NO IDEA although hubby says they look like a flock of ostriches.
Teresa Woods
Ennis, MT”



Now for some truly inspired guessing and great drawings from Heidi who says

“Morning Jane,
Today my imagination sees a cute day of the dead dancer and a young man swimming the canal. Can't wait to see what the next days will bring.
Heidi”

Right, Heidi, because you’re a good friend I’m going to give you a clue BUT you have to keep it a secret. Well, I was going to but I’ve decided to keep you in suspense a while longer!!!!  I know - I’m mean!!!




Now for Bev in Australia who is still hoping for a ……. Well, I’ll let her tell you

Hi Jane
Now it’s getting exciting. I still don’t know what kind of head to expect, but my initial hope for a frog is still a possibility. Fingers crossed.
Bev”


Poor Lyn is playing catch-up on the TIAS but she’s finally done it - caught up!! She says

“Hi Jane,I finally got time to catch up! I have decided that mine is a purple people eater !
Very hot here today and the next couple of days.
Thanks Jane,
Lyn from Western Australia”

Thanks Lyn but I’m not sure what a purple people eater looks like!!!  MAYBE I’m not being entirely truthful there.  When the local grammar school for girls opened in 1953 or thereabouts they had a purple uniform and were nicknamed the ‘Purple people eaters’!!!  My mum didn’t want me to go there as she didn’t like the colour!!!  




Finally caught up with Jackie’s day 9 and this comment

“Hello Jane
Here is my day 9.
I think it must be a sloth with it's long claws ready to cling on to a tree.
I do hope it's going to have a head. I'm on the search for eyes now.
Thank you for your hard work - or is it fun?
Jackie (from Plymouth)

It’s fun, Jackie, it’s fun but a LOT of work too - mainly in the thinking about ‘what to do’. I get to this point in the TIAS when I go through an ‘I’m bored with this’ stage but after day 10 I’ll have the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ to pick me up!!!! 




Finally after a busy, busy day I have time to get back to the TIAS blog!
First in in this batch is Coretta who has sent in days 7, 8 and 9. She says this

“I’m back with day 8 thread breakage addressed and moving on. I’ve caught up with day 9. 
It looks like a skeleton , but the fingers and toes are throwing me off.”






Karen is next with her ‘tribe’ and she says

“Dearest Jane,
Could my "Max Mainsprings" (🎡 happy, mechanical men 🎡) be moonlighting as deep sea divers? If so, I hope they don’t follow this sign! LOL!”

OMG - I hope they do too, Karen!!!







Lynn is next and this is what she has to say

“Sea turtle? Palm tree? Of course I’m just guessing. Still have no idea.”

Plenty of thought going into the guesses, Lynn!!




Kaylyn has just arrived with her day 9 and she has this to say

“Hello!
Love the symmetry! 
Thanks
Kaylyn”



Now we have the dynamic duo - Kay Lynn and Aonghas. OR should I say Aonghas and Kay Lynn? They say

“Dear Jane,
Well, you are being EXTRA TRICKY this TIAS. Did you know I can be TRICKY too? My official title has these initials at the end - TKI - and they stand for Trick Dog Intermediate Level. I also know many Advanced Tricks now, so I'm a bit tricky! 
Mom and I looked and looked at the TIAS. As we turned it, it reminded me of my LOVE guitar! I can strum my guitar (as one of my tricks), and I practice with it each morning - my music lesson! So, I am guessing that it's a guitar and someone or some doggy or other thing is reaching around and going to play it (those are what people are guessing as arms). I like to imitate Angus Young since he's a very famous "Aonghas"! 
Love,
Aonghas and his "servant", Kay Lynn”

Well I’m sure it could easily be a guitar but you’ll both have to wait a while longer to find out!!!



I think this is the last person for now - it’s Alicja who says

“Dear Jane, this is my dancing boy without his head and with only one leg… for now, maybe tomorrow he will have two legs and a wonderful head πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ big hug from Alicja (Italy) ”

A dancing boy? That’s a good guess, Alicja but you’ll have to wait a bit longer. I think day 10 will be on Saturday as I’m going to be out all day tomorrow again.



“Hallo Jane,
Het verzenden lukt niet helemaalmaar hier tias 9 in drievoud
Groetjes Coby Roozendaal Nederland

Hi Jane,
Sending does not quite work, but here tias 9 in triplicate
Greetings Coby Roosendaal Netherlands”

Deze keer is verzenden gelukt, Coby!!

This time sending has worked, Coby!!





Julie has just arrived now and she has this to say

“ Looking more and more like a human/body. Now i guess it is a ballerina!”

Now that’s a cool guess, Julie but I’m not going to tell you what it is!!!!




Jolimama is next in the poor overworked inbox and she says

“Kedves Jane! KΓΌldΓΆm a 9. nap kΓ©pΓ©t.Nem tudom, mi lehet, kΓ­vΓ‘ncsian vΓ‘rom a tovΓ‘bbi napokat :-)
Szeretettel: Jolimama”
Dear Jane! I'm sending the picture of day 9. I don't know what it could be, I'm looking forward to the next days :-) With love: Jolimama

Azt hiszem, Γ©n is elfelejtettem, mi az, Jolimama!!! LegalΓ‘bbis Γ©n ezt mondom mindenkinek!
I think I've forgotten what it is too, Jolimama!!! At least that's what I'm telling everybody!



Arlene hasn’t changed her mind about the TIAS at the moment. She says

“It's a wet day, here's my day 9, and I still think it's an ostrich. 
Arlene M
Durham NC”



Pamela is next with her days 7 & 8 and she says

“Hi Jane,Reporting from the ship. About to sail into the Chilean Fijords. The WiFi on the ship won’t be strong enough for me to send more that one photo at a time, so this is Day 7”




Next with her day 9 and this comment too

“It’s looking very much like it needs a second leg. What the two flaying arms are doing I can’t imagine. Now I am beginning to wonder if I have been deceived into thinking that it isn’t an animal because you didn’t tell us that we needed beads ( for eyes). I don’t have beads with me on the ship!! Or maybe it’s looking away from me!”

Good deduction here, Pamela!!


No comments: