Tuesday 18 January 2022

More, more and more

Good morning from a sunny but frosty England where I have a VERY full inbox!!! Here's today's so far.

First in is from Pamela and Jacky and this is the comment that came with it.

"Here are Jackie’s in pink and my pair. Looks a bit like a Viking ship that is going to have a figurehead on the front ! Or maybe not!"



Next in is from Martha who says that she's on time for once but as there's no time limit then she's ahead of time.  I think!!!!!

"Here I am, on time for once, and maybe the last time, knowing me.  For now, it looks like a happy little caterpillar wondering what it will turn into."



Mary follows shortly after with her 'worm'!!! It's amazing what goes on when I'm snoring my head off!!!! She says

"Jane,
Great worm! I had the pattern sitting on the seat of a chair and when I passed by and glanced at it, it looked like a perfect worm with the Sh1 and Sh2 notations being the feelers!
Mary"


Carol is now back with her day 2 and this is her suggestion this time

"Hello Jane:
Perhaps it is Vincent VanGogh's ear? : )
Always, Carol
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II

Weeeellllllll, I don't think so, Carol!!!!



Next in is from Madhur and hers is expanding each time I open it!!! I think Madhur is having too much fun! She says

"My dearest Jane
Here I am with the thicker thread this time for day 3.
The top one is size 40 from a local brand "gopal"
Number 2 variegated is also from Gopal, size 20
Number 3 is yet another local brand "red rose" Size 20. It is slighter thicker than anchor 20 as well as "gopal" 20
Last is Anchor knitting cotton.
I also intend to start another one with the Indian anchor for day 4.
By the way, are we doing a scorpion?
A wild guess!!!!
Hugs from India
Madhur"

Do you expect a sensible answer to your question, Madhur?  



Maureen has caught up now with her days 1, 2 and 3. She remembers the other TIAS games in her comment here

"I have caught up, and I know what it ISN’T- it’s not a rabbit and it not a gorgeous Fox this year either.   My bad tempered cat has been allowed off his shelf to watch proceedings, and Rabbit is there too, to add a touch of Nostalgia to 2022."

Lovely to see them all back too, Maureen.



Just before I go downstairs for breakfast I'll put Elżbieta's on the blog as she's just popped in. She says

"Witam w słoneczny i lekko mroźny dzień. Oto efekt mojej pracy z 3 dnia wydarzenia:
Miłego dnia
Elżbieta

Welcome to a sunny and slightly frosty day. Here is the result of my work on the 3rd day of the event:
Miłego dnia
Elżbieta"

Sounds as if your weather is the same as ours!!!



Katie's just arrived with her group of TIAS's!!! She says
"Hi, Jane,
Here's my collection of characters for Day 3. Their wavy curves don't match the nicely rounded ones of most that I see on your TIAS blog, but my little characters are independent cusses! Might have something to do with the way I've tatted them! hehe.
I love everyone's guesses and suggestions--so wide-ranging and clever! The "rocking chair rocker" is one of my faves! Imagine tatting a piece of furniture?! Thanks so much for setting up all this fun for us, Jane!!
tatty hugs from Katie V in NC"

Don't worry about the curves or not curves, Katie.   All will be sorted later in the game.  That's if they need to be 'sorted' of course!!!



Sandra has just arrived with her TIAS and she says this

"I always learn so much from your talk! Here I think I'm good at split rings by now, BUT I've never joined a picot on the second half of a split ring before, and I found that I was really bad at it, creating big lumpy joins! I'm pretty sure this is a tape worm, you can see the segments! "

YUCK.  A tape worm.  Now I can and will assure you that it is NOT a tape worm.  It maybe an ordinary earth worm but not a tape one!!!!!  That's still a funny if yucky suggestion, though!!!!



Andrea has sent in her days 3 and done a truly great drawing of the TIAS.  Well, what she thinks it’s going to be.  Me?  I’m not saying a thing!!  Except thank you to her for her time and efforts.

Hi Jane, 
Here are my day 3 tats and my guess. Hope you like Humphrey. It's still not clear after 3 days .. really intriguing. Thanks for the fun x
Andrea”


The next person to arrive in my inbox is Annamaria who says

“Hello its me again
Oh I'm having so much fun with this Jane, every day gives me a new giggle and a new guess. Now I think it's the Cheshire cats grin.... Or a boat..... Cat went on a boat trip? Only you know
All the best
Annamaria ”

Ah, I suppose it could be the owl and the pussycat who went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat!!!!!!  


Kaylyn is the next to arrive with her day 3. This is what she has to say

“I like how it's turning with just a little change in the stitch counts. lt reminds me of a quizzical cat tail.
-Kaylyn”

It does look like a tail, Kaylyn.  I wonder!!!



Another new starter to this year’s TIAS is Melanie who’s sent in her first three days. She says

“Good day!
It's morning here and I've finally caught my breath to pick up shuttles and join in the game. Attached is my day 1, 2 & 3. Your choice if you post them all or just Day 3.
My guess: I'm remembering our kitty Duchess, so a tail for a cat is my guess. May she rest in peace.
Thanks for all you do for our tatting world,
Melanie”

Thank YOU for taking part, Melanie.





Stephanie and her husband are obviously giving a lot of thought to what the TIAS is going to be this year!!! She says

“On Day 2 I thought of a cat, mostly because of the way cats often hold their tails – with a small curve at the end of it. BUT there were picots, which I know will be for joins, on the ‘wrong’ side of the tail for it to be a cat’s tail, so THAT guess was ‘out.’ However, wasn’t the smile on the Cheshire Cat’s face the only thing that could be seen of him after the cat faded away? There is plenty of ‘body’ left to tat, maybe it IS a cat and I just was looking at it from the wrong end. We’re starting with his grin and building the cat from THERE. So we started with the head, not the tail.
DH also thought it could be the Cheshire Cat’s grin. He also said it could be the bottom of a Viking ship. I guess we’ll see when we see, won’t we?
Have a terrific week! This is such great fun! Thanks again for doing this again this year.
Big hug!
Stephanie”


The next comment and picture is from Joanne Hayes. From Santa Claus, Indiana who says

“Hi Jane, greetings from Santa Claus, Indiana, USA. I enjoy the TIAS very much. My guess is...a sleigh for Santa.”



Now I have Valerie who has sent in her TIAS. She says

“ Bonjour Jane,
Je vous souhaites une bonne année 2022.
J'avais participé l'année dernière c était mon 1er TIAS.
Voici mon 1er jour pour cette nouvelle aventure.
Valerie de France
A bientôt

Hello Jane,
I wish you a happy new year 2022.
I had participated last year it was my 1st TIAS.
Here is my 1st day for this new adventure.
Valerie from France
See you soon“

Bonsoir,
Voici mon 2e jour
Valerie de France.
A bientôt”


Et dans la même soirée, mon 3e jour :-).
J'avais pris un peu de retard....
Comme l'idée de l'escargot est déjà donnée je pensais à un morceau de lune
Bonne journée et à bientôt. 
Valerie de France

And in the same evening, my 3rd day :-).
I was a bit late....
As the idea of the snail is already given I was thinking of a piece of the moon 🌙.
Good day and see you soon.
Valerie from France

Margaret is going to be the last person in my inbox tonight as I’m heading for bed. This is what she has to say

“Hi Jane, 
Busy last night so Day 3 later than hoped. 
I think it has mysteriously transformed from a rocking horse to a scorpion overnight! 
Margaret ”


No comments: