Monday 17 January 2022

Another day another


I don’t always post the links to Facebook as I’m in lots of groups and I HATE it when I get loads and loads of notifications from people all saying the same thing!!! I know that I’m old and boring but it really annoys me. So I will post links to the tatting groups from time to time. I don’t want to annoy people with my postings. 


First one in today is one of the Irish tatters and has come via Pamela. She says

"Marjorie has just joined in. 4 of us now, yippee!"



Next in are the cuddly twosome from Alaska. Kay Lynn says

"Dear Jane,
Well, I was going to make a good guess today, but these just made me think of my stuffed snakes, so I had to play with them....and I got distracted for awhile. The only other thing that I can think of is that you're planning to make a nice fancy tatted collar for me. Guess we'll know more once we have other pieces of this TIAS.
Love,
Aonghas and Momma, Kay Lynn"



Martha has arrived next with her day 2 and here's her TIAS in blue.

"Here's part 2.  I'll guess it reminds me of the runner on a snow sled, since there's snow outside.  It's not terribly deep yet, but not stopped yet either."



Bernice up in Canada is next with her day 2. She says

"Hi Jane,
Still no guess, but a great day for tatting.
Bernice"


A new arrival now to TIAS 2022 and lovely to see a familiar email address in my inbox again. Welcome, Catrin

"Hello again Jane,
Happy New Year and thank you sooo much for doing a TIAS again this year. Speaking of which, did you know that as our tatting challenge comes to an end we will be entering the lunar New Year.. of the Tiger !!!
(I suspect you do know... Tigers have strong swishing tails don't they?)
Now to browse everyone else's contributions and engage in some shuttle envy ...
Warm regards
C"

Yes shuttle envy does play a big part in this game!!!




Next in is Mary who has also just joined us. She says

"Here’s day one and day two. I was busy finishing another tatting project. I have no idea what this is but look forward to figuring it out."



Dani is next with her day 2 and she says

"i'm guessing skier, or maybe a sleigh?
or maybe it's just that kind of winter?
dani, Finger Lakes, NY, USA"

Well I'm not telling, Dani!!!!



Next in is Carol who says.

"Hello Jane:
Thx for hosting the 2022 tatting game! It must be an alligator ..... no?
I'm using Lizbeth size 20, color 611.
Next, I'm moving along to Day Two.
Always, Carol in NW Indiana USA
bloggins as Lelia at Stitches of Life II



Next in and shortly after I had launched Day 3 Jenni arrived. I must apologise for the stoooopid link at the start, Jenni. Just shows what damage a glass of red win can do to a BC3. All sorted now, though.

"Well that was a bit traumatic!!
Link kept taking me to my own blog page!
Finally got it done.
Swan.....maybe....."


Next in is from Mary Anna who has sent in her day 2.  



Anita's got a splendid idea of what the TIAS is!!!  BUT is she right?  I love this picture.

"Hi Jane,
When guessing, a mischievous grin on a cat from Cheshire came to mind :-)"



Yet another day 3 has arrived. This time it’s from Kathryn who says

Dear Jane,
Here is day 3, still looks like a golden chain slightly curved.
Kathryn”

So it does, Kathryn!!!


Sue’s just arrived in my inbox and it looks as if she’s got a good guess too.

“ Ok, so I was out on Saturday and Sunday. Did Saturdays bit in the evening, took a pic and my phone went flat! Forgot all about it till today and decided to go online to find you put up day 3!
So here's the pics of a basket handle from a basket case!! Lol”

You said it - not me, Sue!!



Denyse is next and here’s her day 3. She says

“ Well here is my attempt at Day 3. Very intrigued as to what it will be.
D”


Madhur is next in the inbox and she’s trying the TIAS in various sizes of thread. Here’s what she says.

Hi Jane,
I'm trying these in various sizes.
Intend to start another one with still thicker version.
Love
Madhur


Welcome to another new starter who’s started and caught up all in one message!!! Here’s what Jacee says

“ Dear Jane, 
Managed to find time to tat through the hustle and bustle of the coming CNY today. So here's my Day 1, 2 and 3 submissions. Using vintage Coats 20, shade 538. Thanks for the annual great fun again. 
Jacee, Malaysia”




Finally in my inbox is Jane who is still wiggling!!!

Hi Jane,
Still wiggling along! ”


Barbara is next into my inbox. I’ve been out for an hour or two helping a neighbour and now my inbox is full again!!! Here’s what she has to say

“ Witaj Jane!
Prawdopodobnie upadła moja teoria o krokodylu, wychodzi zbyt krzywy ogon. Krokodyl tak nie wygina ogona.. hmm.. Ślimak, ale to chyba zbyt proste... Barbara

Hello Jane!
Probably my crocodile theory has collapsed, the tail is too crooked. A crocodile doesn't bend its tail like that .. hmm .. Snail, but it's probably too simple ... Barbara”


Ronel is next and she says
Hi Jane!

Happy Monday to you! Here is my update for day 3. 

Ronel

Thanks, it’s a VERY happy Monday with lots of TIAS’s coming in.



Nancy is now dithering on her original thoughts but it’s early days yet!!!

“ Jane I’ve done 2 and 3 together. After day 2 I thought we had a belt buckle! But now I really don’t know.
Nancy Moore”


Next in the overworked inbox is Wanda. She says

Hello, Jane. 
Here is my day 3. I don't think it is a snake, there are two many feet, and it's not a centipede as two feet aren't enough. That would be way to easy anyway. I suspect it is some kind of animal with the bead as the eye. That doesn't narrow it down much! I'll just wait for the next installment to see where you take it. Happy tatting, Wanda”

I think that’s all you can do, Wanda.  Wait for the next part!!!!



Another new arrival with three days is Marinara who’s been trying to catch up. 
“Woo. I’m a little late and was tatting feverishly this morning to catch up! I’m Marina from NJ in the US and am a first-time TIAS-er! Here is my progression of the pattern.
Thanks for the fun! I’m hoping this is a tail of some sort!
Marinara”

Welcome to TIAS 2022.





Now this guess made me wonder whether she’s right or not!!! I think Hallie could have guessed it but I’m not telling!!!

“ I've got it! Nessie!!
Best wishes,
Hallie Ray”


Julie’s snake has turned on her!!!!  Thank goodness it wasn’t venomous or we could’ve lost a tatter.  Thanks for the chuckle.

“ My snake turned and blessed me with a little smile. I hope you will be blessed with many smiles today. I wonder what it will become next. Julie



Dorota is next with her day three.  She’s guessing it’s a caterpillar!!!
“ Dzień trzeci więc mam wrażenie że idę jak gąsienica kolorowa uściski do ciebie na nowy ciekawy tydzień

Day three so I have the impression that I am walking like a colorful caterpillar hugs to you for a new interesting week



Next to arrive is Nona.  She’s got a good imagination too but perhaps she’s right?

Hi Jane,
So glad you are doing the TIAS again! It helps us all get through these isolating times. At first I thought it might be the beginning of an ice skate (my mind goes toward winter sports here in cold and snowy Wisconsin) but now I’m not so sure.
Nona ”



Now this is a great picture from Marie-Claude. It made me smile and any frog would be pleased to have a smile like that.

“Dear Jane,
On this Day 3, Miss Frog gives you her most beautiful smile!
Marie-Claude”


Lynn is back and still enjoying her first TIAS. This is what she says.

“ Still not venturing a guess. I am enjoying my first TIAS.”



Hot in the inbox is Marco’s day 3 and she says

“ Hello, here is day 3.
Ik think maybe a Snail.
Greetings Marco”

Several people are now thinking it’s a snail, Marco.  You’re in good company!!!



This next message is from Judy who seems to have had a hiccup or two.  This is what she has to say

Jane, 
Seventh ring just about ended me. Kept taking it out. Thought about cutting and starting over...but couldn't think about doing 6 SR again! ”

I’m glad you’ve got past your SR6 but remember that doing the SR’s again would’ve been good practice!!! Well that’s what I’d have told myself!!!


Last arrival of the day as I’m heading for bed. This is from Lussi and the messages and pictures are below.  

“O to efekt mojej pracy
Pierwszy dzień 
Here is the result of my work
First day”

“Następny dzień czyli
Drugi dzień zabawy
The next day that is
Second day of fun”


“Trzeci dzień pracy nad zagadkowa niespodzianką
The third day of work on a mysterious surprise”



Thank you, Lussi and goodnight everybody.

No comments: