Thursday 20 January 2022

Day 4 now available



First in of the overnight emails is from Deana who also knows my feelings about Canada geese!!! She says

"Well Jane …..
I couldn’t find a Canadian goose to fly my starting fee days to you…
At first I thought it was the shortest TIAS and was a tatterpillar (Caterpillar)
Then I thought a web could be spun!!! Or maybe a cocoon
And maybe the finishing days would reveal a beautiful tatterfly (butterfly)….
From
Keeper of the Geese in Canada!!!
Deana"

You are a terrible teaser Deana!!!





Next in is Rose Anne - another new 'starter' of TIAS 2022!!! She says

"Okay I finally sat a spell and started on Jane's 2022 TIAS, mystery tatting fun and glad we're playing again!
And here are my Days 1, 2 and 3 all together!
I have no idea what this will grow into in the weeks ahead!
Rose Anne Burdeny
Canada "

Love your shuttles, Rose Anne



Maria is at a loss for words at the moment!!! She says


"Hello Jane,What can I say… better say nothing
Maria"


Here is the first day four in and it's from Jenni who's first again!! I'm wondering if she's giving us a 'trip round her shuttle collection too'? That's the beauty of bobbin shuttles - you can change the outer part to suit your mood!!! This is what Jenni says

"Hi Jane.
Yes I was a bit more organised tonight. Even got dinner done before time!
Will stick with Swan. No clue what else I would choose but still might change my mind!
Beads are still an issue. Never know what size they are!
Hugs
Jenni"


Back from my weekly grocery shopping expedition and now ready to upload more of the TIAS. First of all I have Paolo who says

Ecco il mio bruco, buongiorno Jane

Here is my caterpillar, good morning jane“

Hmmmm, I wonder!!!


Next to arrive is Jane who is now changing her mind!! She says

“It reminds me of a meerkat. I won't analyse that too closely though.”

Now you mention it - it does look like a meerkat in it’s early years!!!!




Kathryn appears to be convinced she’s making a swan!!! I love the pictures, Kathryn. 

Dear Jane
I have chosen a blue bead, thankyou for putting as a picot join I don’t like threading them onto the shuttle. I like the idea that it might be a swan. Swans don’t have to be white.
Kathryn”

That’s true about swans not having to be white as there is a black swan that lives in Australia, I believe.  Love the children with their swan in the second picture.




Anita has now arrived with her day 4 and she says this

It was tricky getting that bead in place… Is it the trunk of an elephant??
/Anita”

Well it could be the trunk of an elephant but there again it might not be!!!!  Time will tell, Anita!!!



Next arrival is from India and Priyanka has sent it in. She says

Hello Jane,
Its a pleasant experience to do this TIAS. This is my first tias and I eagerly wait for each update.
Thank you Jane 
Priyanka
From
Indore, India

I’m glad you could join us, Priyanka.  The more people the more fun it becomes!!!



Barbara is worrying about her TIAS but there’s honestly nothing to worry about. It’s looking great to me. She says

“ Hi Jane!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because my work is bending and the 14th and 15th circles are rising. Maybe it should be like that? Or maybe my bead is too small. Size 9 means 9mm? Is it like Toho 8? I haven't met Toho 9.
I continue to do. Now I suppose it will be a turtle. We have a turtle shell ready.
Greetings to everyone.
Barbara ”

The bead size is 9 as if you put 9 in a line they’d measure an inch but yours will be fine anyway.  The curves will also sort themselves out in due course.  Have faith, dear Barbara, have faith!



Elżbieta thinks she knows what the TIAS is going to be too.  What a good idea - but is it?!?!?

“Jeśli dodamy skrzydła, to może być to smok (wawelski?)Pozdrawiam cieplutko po dzisiejszej śnieżycy
Elżbieta z Polski, chociaż nie z Krakowa 

If we add wings, it could be a dragon (Wawel?)
Greetings warmly after today's snowstorm
Elżbieta from Poland, but not from Krakow”

But where would the wings be, Elżbieta?  Please keep your snow in Poland as we don’t want any in England!!!



Kerstin is the next in my inbox and this is what she has to say

Hi Jane,
my day 4 looks like a seahorse. Perhaps…
Love it
Kerstin”

Oh yes, it does, Kerstin.  I wonder!!!!!



Next in is Brookie who says

“I had to start over there was a knot in my thread. boo. let me see is it a dinosaur?”

That’s a shame, Brookie.  Happens to all of us at some time or other.  I admire you for not throwing the towel in but starting again.



Wanda has now arrived in my inbox and this is what she has to say.

“ Hello Jane. The trials and tribulations of day 4 - it started out okay I thought until I noticed it didn't look right after I finished R13. R12 was wrong! While taking out R13 the thread broke on Sht2. Then trying to open R12 the thread broke on Sht1.. After much muttering and some frustration, I think I have day 4 done correctly. Ignore all the thread ends, I'll take care of them later. Looking back, I think I could have fixed R12 without taking out R13. I caused myself a lot of trouble by not paying enough attention to the pattern. I will have to be more careful as we continue! I have no guesses about what this may be. Happy tatting, Wanda”

Oh dear, Wanda, what a shame.  I often do that - not read patterns carefully and then wonder why I go wrong.  Glad you’re sorted and still with us..



Melanie has just arrived and it made me raise my eyebrows when I saw her signature wasn’t the usual ‘sent from my iPhone etc’ but said ‘sent from my harpsichord’ which is (I think) something like a piano. That made me smile. Anyway, she said

“ Hi Jane-
I like how my bead and thread choice are invoking Spring. I'm joining camp swan for my guess.
Thanks for the smile,
Melanie 
sent from my harpsichord



Katie is back with her little ‘gang’ of TIAS’s!!! What a colourful bunch they are. This is what she says - in rhyme, of course. 

“ Hi, Jane! So good to tat on this rainy day! 

It’s Day 4 -- guesses keep coming on!
A big dragon, a meercat, a swan?
16 rings have been tatted
Whilst we have chitchatted!
But I doubt it’s a small mastodon!

Sure enjoying all the fun on the Tat It And See blog! Many thanks to you and all the tatters!

Katie V in NC USA”


Next to arrive is Annamaria who has this to say

Hello Jane

This is Day 4....and have no idea what might be... Octopus?.... Does it look like the way it should? Maybe I should have used bigger bead.... However its still fun... After this I might start doing all your challenges on your blog.... 
All the best
Kind regards 
Annamaria


Dorota from Poland is next and this is what she has to say
“ Witam cię skarbie 4 dzień zrobiony mam nadzieję że jest poprawnie ! Robi się ciekawie ale nie mam pojęcia co to będzie i coraz bardziej mnie wciąga usciski wysyłam :)

Hello sweetheart ️ 4th day done I hope it is correct! It's getting interesting but I have no idea what it will be and I get drawn more and more I'm sending hugs :)“

Yes it’s correct, Dorota.  Well done.



Maria’s just arrived in my inbox now and she has this to say

Dear Jane,
Well today I have something to say…
It’s yellow so must be a duck…”

Well Maria, if you want it to be a duck then we’ll have to wait and see if it is one!!!!



Stephanie has now arrived and sends in her picture and comment. This is what she says

“ Used a “size 9” bead for the size 20 thread and it just looks a bit on the too-small side to me. If I’d had a slightly bigger bead, I would have tried it, but size 9 is the biggest I’ve got, and I only have 2 packages of them – one ‘faceted’ black (looks cool and reflects the light nicely) and one mixed pastels plain old beads. I planned to use one of the pastels, but none of the colors showed up well with either of my threads, so I went with the shiny black ones instead.
Tried a size 9 bead with the size 80 thread, too, since it looked so very small on the size 20 thread. It might be a little TOO big, but size 11 looked awfully tiny. I know I have some size 10s left from many years ago, but mostly I use size 11, so that’s pretty much all that’s in my bead box right now.
Cat guess is out….just can’t make a cat out of THIS now, unless you count Jane’s meercat…. Something like a duck, CANADA GOOSE , or even a swan I could MAYBE sort of imagine, but no longer any sort of cat. Didn’t ask DH this time, but his Viking ship *might* work….today could be the start of the figurehead, although it looks more like the start of a rubber ducky than a fierce Viking ship now.

I’m going to wait to see what Aonghas guesses. He sniffed out that fox pretty early last year.  
Have a terrific weekend!
Big hug!
Stephanie”




No comments: