Tuesday 1 February 2022

Day 9 now available.



I can't resist saying this - 'the top of the morning to you'. That's an Irish saying and I had to say it because the first person in today is Pamela from Ireland with hers and her tatting friends!!! She says

"Our cute little dinosaurs/alligators/birds are ready to run. Having to restrain them. They were just dying to get legs… hoping for another leg soon. My pair, Jackie’s pinkie and Libby’s bluey( who had a spot of trouble with the SCMR, a great lesson!). Ready for Day 9 it’s all hotting up now."





Bev is next with her day 8 and she says

"Hi Jane
Seahorse, to bird, to rabbit, to alligator!!! What next?!?!
Bev"



Maria is next in my inbox and she has this to say

"Hello Jane,
Now the little creature has some toes, mmm ….
Hoping in day 9
Maria"

Well you're all certainly keeping me  on my toes, Maria!!!  A full inbox this morning!!


Arlene has a good idea but I'm not sure she's right!!! She says

"Here is my day 8
I am going to guess roadrunner.
Arlene M
NC, US"

I'm going to have to google what a roadrunner is, Arlene!!!

Just googled what a roadrunner is and it's almost exactly the same as the TIAS.  Should I sue for copyright?!?!?



Finally in this batch is Coretta with her day 8 and who says

"Ah and we made it through January! Thanks for the fun beginning.
It looks like a baby crocodile right now. My daughter said a spoonbill, but then, the “hand."

Or foot?!?!?


Well today's first day 9 is not from Jenni but from Maureen who also lives in Australia. This is what she says

"It’s now a puzzle: because it looks very much like a Dodo I think! But perhaps we have been tatting a sweet little baby dinosaur of some kind. I don’t have a knowledgeable three year old to hand this evening to confirm the species.
Bring on Day 10!"



Next to arrive is Jane who has sent in her day 9. She says

Hi Jane, I'm thinking a leguaan, or someone of that ilk. ”

That’s a very reasonable guess, Jane.



Next with day 9 is Maria who is enjoying the TIAS - here’s what she says

“ it remains exciting, so super fun!Maria”

Glad you’re enjoying it, Maria.



Marco is the next person in my inbox and she says

“Hello here is my Day 8 and 9
Maybe a baby crocodile? or a baby dragon.
Greetings Marco”


A lovely surprise next is the final day from Barbara. No, not TIAS 2022 but another year so I’ll leave it to her to tell you all about it.

“ Hello Jane.
The weekend was windy and cold. I used this time to make TIAS 2010, because I've had it printed on cards for years, and at the time, I didn't feel up to doing it. Now it went smoothly!
The beautiful, golden-feathered Norman arose. Truth?
Day 9 also done and back to the original idea it was going to be a crocodile. The blue crocodile! Now we will make the other paw.
I warmly greet everyone! 

Witaj Jane. 
Weekend był wietrzny i zimny. Wykorzystałam ten czas na wykonanie TIAS 2010, bo od lat mam go na kartkach wydrukowany, a wtedy nie czułam się na siłach, by go zrobić. Teraz poszło gładko! 
Piękny, złotopióry Norman powstał. Prawda? 
Dzień 9 też zrobiony i wracam do pierwotnego pomysłu, że to będzie krokodyl. Niebieski krokodyl! Teraz zrobimy drugą łapę. 
Ciepło pozdrawiam wszystkich! Barbara ”

Thank you for another Norman, Barbara.  That made me smile and proves that it’s never too late to start or finish a TIAS!!!




Paola is next to arrive and she says

“ 9 giorno
Si comincia ad intravvedere qualcosa. Ciao

9 day
We begin to glimpse something. Hello“



Sue is next and her TIAS has a name already!! Sue says

“ Getting somewhere... Not sure where... but Phreddeigh is getting hungry as it takes a lot of energy to hop!!
Phreddeigh is the duck filled fatty puss's name!!”

That’s a posh way of spelling Freddy, Sue!!!!




Dorota is next to arrive and she has this to say
“Dzień dobry Janne masz piękny dzień dla mnie to piękny krokodyl , moje skojarzenie :))) dobrze teraz poszło bo prosto ! Uściski wysyłam 
Good morning Janne, you have a beautiful day for me it's a beautiful crocodile, my association :))) now it went well because it's straight! Hugs are sending”


Finally in this batch I have Elżbieta who says

“ Witam dziewiąty raz, Coraz bliżej do zakończenia. Tak u mnie wyglada przed dziesiątym spotkaniem wydarzenia: 
Do kolejnego etapu 
Pozdrawiam
Elżbieta.

Hello the ninth time,
Closer to the end. This is what it looks like for me before the tenth meeting of the event: 
To the next stage
greetings
Elizabeth.”


Sorry for the delay in posting the next batch but life and the sewing machine took over. First in in this inbox full is Jenni who says

“ Yep very late with this one!
I was at work and busy playing Uno Flip with one of my residents! (Plus I thought I had left Bertie at home!!)
Happy to say I found him just before midnight so thought I had better get to it.
I would guess NOT a swan....perhaps a Cayman....but those topside picots are still bothering me.
He is starting to look perhaps a little dragonish....
Hugs
Jenni”


Val is next in the inbox and she says 

“ Dear Jane,

First, here's Day 9... I'm sticking to the idea of it being an animal. Let's see.”

Thanks Val.  Lovely to be back in touch too.



Next to arrive is Wanda with her day 9 and she says

Hi Jane. Here is day 9. I think it's a gecko. Or another small lizard :-) It's pretty cute, whatever it is. 
Happy tatting, Wanda”


Cheryl is next with her TIAS and comment. She says

“Did this right after breakfast. Now off to get another radiation treatment. I'm thinking we're making a platypus.”

It could be, Cheryl but as usual I’m not saying!!!




Hallie Is next to arrive in the inbox and her comment and picture are below

“Not long enough to be a Dachshund. But maybe a barking ??some sort of canine??
Or else I'll go in with Sue's Duck Filled FlattyPuss.
Best wishes,
Hallie in Wisconsin, USA’

If it doesn’t turn out to be a Duck Filled Flatty Puss I’m going to be in BIG TROUBLE,  I think!!!!


Wilma is next to arrive with her day 8 and this is what she says

“ Che bello sono riuscita a farlo

How nice I managed to do it”

You did it VERY well too, Wilma. Well done.




Katie and her family have just arrived and she says (because she’s their mom) this

“Hi, Jane, 
The little six are so excited! They have a tummy now! And they're betting they'll get another foot on Day 10! Hehe. They don't care that they don't know what they are now that they have all these useful body parts! Hubby thinks they're croccogators. To me, they're "iguane mie" --plural of iguana mia, you see. Ironically, Iguana Mia is a chain of Mexican restaurants in SW Florida. Not that I think the critters are restaurants, you understand!
Great fun, Jane! And fellow tatters have such clever guesses! 
Katie V in NC USA”

You are SOOOOOO funny, Katie but you could be right indirectly.  They COULD turn out to be a chain of restaurants!!!  Well, I suppose that’s a bit far fetched!!!  


Melanie has just arrived and here’s her comment and picture

Good morning-
It's chilly today unless you're in the sun. And the air is so clear, you best have sunscreen handy. Reminds me of when I lived in Arizona.....
This TIAS is looking more like a roadrunner. So, that's my current guess.
Thanks for the fun!
Melanie ”

Hmmmm that’s at least two people who think it’s a roadrunner.  Wonder if it is?



Margaret is next into my inbox and she has this to say

Dear Jane, 

I knew he/she will turn out to be something interesting, but having completed Day 9, I now have NO IDEA what he/she is growing up to be! I am almost certain he/she won’t turn into a bird of any sort, but other than that have ANY suggestions - though I am glad to say that he/she does still appear to be VERY FRIENDLY at present!!!!
Margaret ”

I’m glad that it seems friendly!!!!  I’m pretty sure you’re right about that.  Well, I think you are!!!


Richard is back now with his day 9 and this time he says

“Greetings!
I see another leg coming! I think perhaps it is an Oriental celestial Dragon
Richard”


Mary Ann is in next with her beautiful model called Grace. She says

“My tatting for day 9. It was a challenge to keep Grace from helping, but it is finally completed. No new guess for today.”




Next to arrive is Bernice who has this to say

Guess its time for another guess, Perhaps it is a Lizard, that snout has me perplexed.

BTW you can keep any Canadian Geese that choose to winter with you.

Bernice”


Now, Bernice, are you sure this isn’t a Canada goose that you’re tatting?!?!?!  After all it could be!!



Finally for today (it’s bedtime for me) is Bev who says this

“Hi Jane
It looks even more like an alligator now, but what are those joining picots for?
Bev”

No comments: