Monday 15 February 2021

Monday morning.

Good morning everybody. I have a few new entries in my inbox today which I'll upload shortly. Meanwhile I've returned to my other blog (link here) and have given a bit of an insight into how a TIAS works. There will be another post tomorrow (or Wednesday) on the front end of it. 

So today the first person in is Pam who says

63. Bushy tailed fox. Thanks Jane.



64.    The second and final person in the inbox this morning is Coretta with her fabulous picture.  Love the fox head peeping out of the book, Coretta.  She says

"Thread Lizbeth mocha Dark brown 692 and 
Medium mocha brown 691
I’m from Florida, USA. 
So happy to have been able to participate this year. Thank you Jane! 
My husband has been reading a book about the Critters. Complete Tales of Uncle Remus which features a fox as a character so this bookmark was quickly claimed by my husband for use in the book. And the head flopped over the rest of the pages is soooo cute. 
Thanks!!! ❤❤❤️ Coretta Loughmiller"

Lovely to see you back in my inbox, Coretta.



65.    Next to arrive is Coby who says

Hallo Jane,
Hier mijn vossen familie. Ik heb heel erg genoten van deze TIAS 2021.
Steeds maar raden en raden.
Hartelijk  dank, en ik kijk uit naar de volgende TIAS.
De meeste van deze vossen zijn gemaakt van Lizbeth 20.
Groetjes van Coby Roozendaal uit Nederland

Hi Jane, Here my fox family. I really enjoyed this TIAS 2021. Keep guessing and guessing. Thank you very much, and I look forward to the next TIAS. Most of these foxes are made from Lizbeth 20. Greetings from Coby Roozendaal from the Netherlands“

I love your foxes, Coby.  Beautifully colour coordinated.



66.    Next to arrive is Joanne.  I DO like the name of the place where it came from.  A Christmas fox probably!!!

 Hi Jane,  I am sending you my fox from cold Santa  Claus,  IN, USA.  He is looking for a warmer home.
Thank you so much for doing  the TIAS.   They have  helped me learn so much.  They are  a lot  of  fun  to  do.  
I used  size 10 Lizbeth thread, beige, light brown.”



67.    Jill has now popped into my inbox with her finished foxy bookmark.  She says

 It’s a foxy bookmark !!!
I enjoyed this Jane.  I liked the back and forth of the front side tatting, sometimes rings, sometimes chains.  I did have to add a second shuttle today, after the first SLT.  I could have finger tatted it but that’s not my preference.  Also, I liked the two color split rings.  I was amazed at how the head came together.  Your instructions are/were spot on and clearly written.  Thank you for doing this.   I look forward to the next TIAS.
I used Peach Lt, Maple Syrup, and Ecru.
Thanx again,
JillMcTats 
NC, USA
Home of 2021 TAT Days”

Awwww, thanks for letting me know that you managed the pattern so easily.  Sorry you ran out of thread, though.  Thread quantities never worry me as I don’t mind adding in thread anytime!!!  Still jealous of you going to Lake Junaluska for Tat Days.


68.    Teresa is next to arrive and she said she’d made a mistake.  Took me a while to find it and I would say that she’d turned a possible tragedy into a new design feature!!!  She says

 Hi Jane,
Thank you so much for this fun tatting surprise.  It brightened our grey, rainy days here in Oregon.
As you can see, I need to work on chain tension consistency as well as not being distracted... I have some extra rings in my bookmark body because I wasn’t paying attention :-). Thankfully I had just enough thread for my adaptation.
Take care,
Teresa”


69.    Jennifer is next in the inbox and this is what she has to say

How sweet! I seem to have made a tiny arctic fox! He’s rather out of place here in Alabama but funnily enough there is a forecast for a hard freeze tonight with possible ice or even snow. So doing our best to make the little fellow feel at home!”

I’m sure he’ll enjoy the snow - if you get it, Jennifer!



70.    Kerstin is next to drop in and she says

Dear Jane, lots of thanks for this years  TIAS, as always it's been a pleasure and especially this covid year with isolation even if we haven't had lockdown in Sweden ,but we have had of minus degrees down to -12 at night and slippery streets, Thanks again! My fox is done with nr 20 yarn grey Lisbeth, pink Flora and white Coats Opera.
Love Kerstin”

Lovely to hear from you and I’m surprised and jealous you haven’t had a lockdown but glad we’ve not had it quite so cold here.






















1 comment:

Pigmini said...

I love all the foxy bookmarks. Hope they're better behaved than the one on my blog!! I love reading what people have put and I must point out that Coby Roozendaal (I think that's the spelling), is Coby Rosedale in English. Rosedale is in North Yorkshire and is a beautiful place to visit!!